- Last Updated on Friday, 12 September 2014 23:29
- Written by MaryJo L
Committee Update for September Teleconference:
We have had responses from several groups who are interested in hosting the 2015 ABC. I am in the process of communicating with them.
The Board has discussed moving up the date for the request for proposals to allow enough time for them to be translated. It is my understanding that we didn't come to a consensus, so I will pursue this further.
Respectfully - Mary Jo L., 2015 ABC Board Liaison
Seeking a 2015 ABC Host Committee
On behalf of ACA as a whole, our Annual Business Conference has the principal responsibility for the maintenance of our world services, and it traditionally has the final decision respecting large matters of general policy and finance.
The ACA WSO Board of Trustees has not determined the location of the 2015 ABC, which will be held the weekend of April 25-27 next year. We are asking ACA groups and Intergroups to consider playing host to the 2015 ABC.
The Host Committee will have total support from the WSO.
You be working hand-in-hand with the Board’s 2015 ABC Liaison, Mary Jo L., who is one of our Trustees and Treasurer. She will gladly maintain an ongoing dialogue and provide coordinating support to the Host Committee and its designated trusted servant throughout the entire process.
The Board and WSO staff will be responsible for preparing all of the delegate's materials.
The WSO will reimburse all expenses expressly agreed to and made on behalf of the WSO by the Host Committee.
If your Group or Intergroup is interested and able to be of service to the fellowship with this important effort, we need to hear from you as soon as possible. To help you consider hosting the ABC, here are some of the Host Committee major tasks:
- Locate and recommend potential meeting sites with audio/visual/wi-fi capability (large enough for up to 75 people in a large round or square seating layout, if possible). We usually meet in a suburban area to help keep costs low.
- If the meeting site is not in a hotel, then locate affordable hotels within a short walking distance.
- Provide and/or plan local transportation.
- Arrange for affordable meals, snacks and beverages, as required.
- Provide clear signage and help with room setup and breakdown.
- Plan one local evening activity, such as a walking tour of local sites that includes an affordable dinner.
- Provide other local logistical support as needed.
We hope to hear from you soon so the Board can start coordinating the ABC in your city!
Yours in Service,
The WSO Board of Trustees