- Last Updated on Friday, 08 May 2015 22:34
- Written by Karen R
April 24-25, 2015
St. David's Hospitality Ministry, 301 E. 8th St., Austin, TX 78701
Hosted by Texas LoneStar Intergoup
A. Called to Order: The 2015 Annual Business Conference of the ACA fellowship and WSO was called to order at 10:15 a.m. on Friday, April 24th by being welcomed and reciting the Serenity Prayer, led by Larry A., Chairman of the Board of ACA WSO Trustees
1. Al E., West Great Lakes Intergroup (IG070) read our ACA 12 Traditions
2. Shiloh E., (TX136) read our ACA Commitment to Service
3. Mary Jo L., (IL212) read the reading of the day from Strengthening My Recovery
B. Facility Announcements and review of agenda given byBonnie K M, Co-Chair of City Hosting Committee (TX081)
1. Gratitude to all service committees and volunteers who helped bring this ABC together
2. Greg R, Co-Chair of Hosting Committee (TX081), was nominated and elected as Chairman for the conference.
1. ACA WSO Board Members:Larry A., Chairman of the Board of Trustees; Joan B., Vice Chair; Mary Jo L., Treasurer; Karen R., Secretary; Vonnie G., Trustee; Majbrit M., Trustee; Ines Z., Trustee, and historically the first dial-in through electronic communications of Skype, Martin C., Trustee
2. Committee Chairpersons and Committee Members in attendance: Larry A., Chairman of the Literature and Website/Database Committees; Joan B., H & I Committee Chair; Mary Jo L., Finance Committee Chair; Karen R., OPPM Review and Revision Chair; Vonnie G., MPS Committee Chair; Majbrit M., European Committee Chair; Ines Z., Spanish Liaison Subcommittee Chair; Martin C., Chair of Intergroup Liaison Sub-Committee and member of the Finance Committee. Also introduced Robin R, a special worker with the WSO in charge of editorial layouts.
3. Host Committee Chair and Committee Members
4. ACA Group and Intergroup Voting Delegates (list available through ABC Chair, Mary Jo L.)
5. Non-voting attendees
6. Charlie H (DA092), Guest Speaker
D. Quorum established 24 eligible voting ABC Delegates present for morning session
E. 12 Concepts of ACA World Service read by Shannon W (TX141)
F. Presentations of the ACA WSO Annual Reports
1. 2014 ABC Minutes--Karen R., Secretary
Motion was made by Bob B., and 2nd, to approve the minutes of the 2014 ABC.
This motion was discussed. The following amendments were made
a. Amend the list of attendees (attached to the minutes) that Vonnie G. was present to represent ACA meeting # TEL173 as a delegate and that historically, this was the first representation of an ACA Telephone meeting at an ABC.
b. Amend to show objection of Bonnie K M to the wording of item #8 of the minutes.
c. Amend to remove wordings of "brought forward to motion by (name)" on 2014 ABC proposals 1-5 as the motions were brought forward by the groups as documented, not by the people who read them.
d. Amend to correct the spelling of the name of the speaker mentioned under item #7., b. from "Nate" to Nayt.
The minutes of the 2014 ABC as amended were approved by majority vote.
- Last Updated on Friday, 08 May 2015 22:33
- Written by MaryJo L
The Board wishes to thank the Lone Star Intergroup for all of their hard work in hosting this year's ABC. It was remarkable - the Committee members, the Venue, the Food, and the Fellowship throughout and on Saturday night. Great job!!!
2015 ABC Board Liaison
- Last Updated on Saturday, 25 April 2015 13:45
- Written by MaryJo L
To call in to the ABC on April 24th and 25th, use the following information:
Here is a procedure enables you to connect to the WSO Teleconferences through their computers using the Flash Phone option in www.freeconferencing.com.
You will need to have a microphone and speaker attached to your computer (a headset is ideal), and Flash Player must be installed on your computer (already factory installed on most computers)
1. Go to: www.freeconferencing.com
2. Click the Flash Phone icon (may be in left lower corner--this opens an instruction window)
3. In the opened instruction window, select the "Click here in Step 1."
4. (The Flash Phone window should now be open)--Use the drop down menu in the Flash Phone window and select the Teleconference # (712-432-0075.)
5. Enter the access code (427266) and your name (First name and last initial) in the blocks
6. Click on "Place Call" --if you get a Flash Player Setting message, click "Allow" to allow the Flash Player to access your microphone. If you have multiple microphones on your computer, you may be asked to select the appropriate microphone. You could also use this test window to verify your microphone is working properly.
7. Click OK to exit the test screen.
The Flash Phone will then call the Teleconference. Announce yourself when you arrive.
The Flash Phone includes a microphone icon where you can mute and/or monitor your microphone levels. Please keep your microphone muted unless you are speaking. To avoid feedback interference with the Teleconference, please ensure that your computer speakers are not too close to the microphone.
- Last Updated on Friday, 08 May 2015 20:01
- Written by Karen R
The link for your meeting's group conscience vote is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZLNDVJ8
Social Media Report Written and Submitted by Martin C., Trustee
After discussion at 2013 ABC, and in the year before ABC 2014, the Social Media Working Party agreed, and proposed to the WSO Board of Trustees, that there be an amendment to the wording of Tradition 11. This is to further protect the principle of anonymity in respect of Soclai Media (facebook, twitter etc)
We proposed that the words “and all public media of communication” be added after "Press, Radio, TV, and Films”, in respect to the preservation of the principle of anonymity.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 March 2015 21:35
- Written by MaryJo L
There were 128 ballots cast this year. Out of the 14 unique proposals presented, the following eight (8) received a 2/3 majority vote of Yes and will be placed on the agenda for the ABC in Austin.
Proposal 2015-3 Submitted by Central Coast Intergroup (IG076); Grover Beach (CA915 and CA1006): That WSO institute a program of planned, phased-in, on-going Public Service Announcements (TV, internet, radio, periodicals) to let the general public know ACA exists, who we are, that we work on personal recovery from growing up in alcoholic and dysfunctional homes, and give a phone number and web address to find meetings in local areas. No faces are to be on the announcements and no promises of outcomes are to be made. Motion Carried: 108 Yes, 17 No, 3 No Opinion (128)